Tuesday, July 17, 2007

moving along......

no picture but doing a happy dance -- the quilt top is finished! I was able to rescue my measuring faux pas and I think it was actually a design improvement! So I guess the next step will be putting the top/batting/backing together and start quilting (JUST what one wants to do in 90+ degree heat!) I'll probably spend the next couple of days thinking about just what sort of pattern I'll use to quilt it....maybe play with some tracing paper....I'm thinking feathers tho', its sort of traditional for the pattern.....we'll see

Now that I'm done with the top, I'm already starting to think about the next quilt....it will be smaller than this oversize queen, and yes, another "design challenge"!

The pile of completed animals continues to grow. By the end of the week I should have a stack ready to hand off to DH for jointing (his hands are much stronger than mine, so he always does this step for me---bless him!) The painting of the Jester Stick began yesterday.....this is the tedious part, waiting between each coat of paint until it dries, but I've learned (from sad experience) that this is the best way!

I spent some time shooting new pictures of some of my pieces. The idea was to shot them all against a warm "skin color" to see if they looked better that way.



This is the malachite necklace I recently finished. Old picture on the left, new one on the right.













And this is the Autumn Leaves piece I did a while back. The older picture on the blue background, the new one on the beige.

Its kind of nice that all of the backgrounds for the pieces are now coordinated. I re-shot 16 different pieces to create a CD that will go with other information to a gallery in the Denver area for consideration. I've been fussing with this package for almost 2 weeks partly because I'm well aware of the "you only get one chance to make a first impression" issue, and I want to do it right.....


into the fray!

No comments: