Saturday, July 28, 2007

something completed!




This is Toucan IV. Every one of these has been a different assortment of fabrics.
This one again has the very cool "crown" above his eyes where I've brushed up the pile of the mohair.

Pretty neat!!



I'm refering to this as the moonstone bracelet.

This is the second in the series of pieces done by using beads as the "bezel" where most jewelry is done with metals.

The stones in this piece are (left to right): black onyx, white moonstone (with a carved face) quartz drusey, black agate and grey moonstone.

The beads in between each stone are black glass cubes and it has a pewter heart shaped toggle clasp.



While I had the tools and the stringing board out, I restrung this piece and made the neclace a bit longer.

Originally most of the necklace was made up of tube beads I had created in zipped peyote stitch, but it just wasn't quite long enough. I added some other glass beads, some crystals and some pearls to it, and I think it came out quite well.



Last night was my cake decorating class. This is a sneak preview of what I did in class. To see more about the other flowers from class, use this
link.

Time to get busy!

3 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Wow!!!!!!!! Everything is so lovely I'd be hard pressed to choose a fav! However, I'm adoring the toucan -- he is special!

Bev said...

thanks Kay! I'm hoping he'll fly off to someone's house soon...these are fun to make because they are complex (if its too easy I get bored!), and each one is so different.

Let me know if you need one at your house!!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I second the toucan--very cool!!