Thursday, July 05, 2007

Did you celebrate?

Because the 4th was smack dab in the middle of the week this year, we spent a very quiet time at home yesterday.

We listened to the music and fireworks programs on TV, and from my vantage point in the family room I could look out the patio door and see some fireworks in the sky above the hill behind our house.

I was watching carefully to be sure the neighboorhood law breakers (the ones shooting off fireworks which are illegal in our city) didn't set the field behind us on fire (since the new owners can't be bothered to mow it down!)

I have been working on a new teddy bear head (this one has brought about a lot of unpleasant language and flinging of things, but I think we finally got it). Today I will be working on creating a body to go with him.

I also worked on the quilt for my daughter, a sweater I'm working on and finished another afghan square.

This makes me think of sherbert---lemon and raspberry---mmmmmm, yummy and cool on a hot summer day.

On the whole it was a pretty good day.

who knows what trouble we can get into today!

No comments: