Thursday, July 19, 2007

A whole new look....










I finished the bracelet I had been working on for a couple of days.

The whole idea of this new "look" was to use the seed beads as if they were the metals that a lot of jewelry artists use to create their pieces.

In this case I have used 6 different stones (from left to right in the picture: ocean jasper, rhodochrosite, chrysophase, lapis, tiger eye and charoite) and used size 11 gold colored silver lined seed beads as the "metal" bezels around each stone. The whole piece is strung together using crystals as the spacer beads.

The bracelet is about 8 inches long and measures 1 1/4 inch wide at the widest points.

This is the most expensive bracelet I have ever put together, but I'm hoping that the "look" of it will enough of a "grabber" to make somebody say "I've GOT to have that!"

I had originally planned for the piece to have one more stone in it, but putting that one in would have made it too long for most people to wear, so it got put aside (already all bezeled) to use in another piece. Since this was the first one, it was just a guess how many stones would actually work in it, not knowing how much space the bezeling would actually add to the stones. For the next bracelet and the necklaces I have planned I will have a better idea of how to plan.

Meantime, back in the "bakery", I have baked the top tier layers (6 inch ones) for the wedding cake and have them securely wrapped in plastic and tucked away in the freezer. On to the next layers!

So, work continues.....

No comments: