Monday, July 16, 2007

no "play day" this week

as we have only 33 days until my daughter gets married, and other things occasionally get thrown into the mix (like unexpected trips to Denver), I probably won't take another "play day" until after the wedding. There are lots of things to get done!



I finished the necklaces for the bridesmaids yesterday....lovely aren't they? The wedding rings (we ordered them wholesale for the kids) have arrived.

This week I will start baking the cakes and putting them in the freezer.



This cake was a chance to experiment with the jelly glaze, and it worked really well. More about what I did differently can be found here.







Finished another hot pad on Friday evening after my cake class. The stack of Christmas presents grows!

We're making progress on the animals that we are trying to get finished.

I have finished the sewing of the bear head for the new Jester Stick order, and DH has finished up the wood working, just need to paint the stick then start the assembling.

The new toucan is all stitched and waiting for his wire feet, and we have several other new animals in process.



All of the stones for the piece titled Let the River Run are now bezeled and backed. I laid them all out on the table and played with them until I was happy with the arrangement, then I took this picture so I will remember how I had them laid out while I'm working on the bead work that will be the streams of water flowing over them.



I also started working on the bezels around some stones for a bracelet. These are the stones I'll be using then I'll string it together with large glass beads in between -- at least that is the plan right now. This is a very different style and a kind of experiment, but so far I like it.



One more afghan square complete....I think I have enough to ship a box now...I'll be testing the box packing today.

Work on the Christmas sweater and the quilt have resumed.....I rescued both of them from my "boo boos" and I think both will be better for it.

time to get laundry and other stuff done.....

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

How exciting about the wedding! I know getting it in order is a little stressful, but the special day is always wonderful. :) :)