Saturday, June 28, 2008

Angels all around?



Another panel complete!

last night I finished the last border piece on Gabriel

I have to say that I am quite pleased with how these are coming out!

So now I will have to spend some time pulling out all of the fabrics to start on the third (and final) panel -- Raphael

moving along!!



progress on this piece of beading

I started this last weekend and it is going really well

unlike most of the pieces of bead embroidery, I had no real clear "mind picture" of this one before I began -- I picked out the large pieces (the glass, quartz, bone face and the leaf beads) and "fiddled" with them until I like the placement, then I drew around them on the sheet of paper so I had something to trace onto the pelon for a guide

after that its been a "free for all" -- after I finished the bezels around the big stones, the DH asked me if this was going to be another piece with open spaces -- I hadn't thought about it, but I liked the idea, and so, there are now open spaces (currently circled with beads -- the edges get finished when I put the backing on)

so, we'll see where this one goes next




another piece of the mystery project

completed last evening

I can also report that the individual pages of the new website are coming along. These things take some time, but so far, I'm pleased with the look

time to get to it!

No comments: