Tuesday, June 17, 2008

quiz for the day



and just what is this little lovely?

not edible, tho' it sounds like it might be


all will be revealed eventually



When I went to the quilt group last week there was discussion about making pieces for a quilt for one of the members -- the group had just finished doing a "round robin" deal where the participating ladies had begun a strip quilt and passed it around among the 6 or so that were doing the project and this month they did the "reveal". There had been one lady that made pieces for every one else, but hadn't started one of her own. The group decided to make one for her as a surprise.

All of that was said to say, I'm working on a strip in shades of blue that is 60 inches wide and about 12 tall -- I decided on a block that is called Friday the Thirteenth because that was the first day I went to the group

Anyway, last night I cut out my templates (from cardboard) so I can go mark up and cut the pieces. Usually I do all my quilts by hand, but this one will be stitched up on the machine

Started a new piece of jewelry too. Its a really pretty piece of florite that has very definate purple and clear stripes. I've encircled the oval, and now I'm working on the chain -- RAW in size 15 seed beads the same colors as the stone in sort of random stripe patterns. I'm hoping to get it all finished before the show this weekend.

I had been trying to get something set up to work on during the show in bead embroidery, and its just not happenin' --- seems like every idea I have come up with would involve ordering a fairly large number of beads, and I'm just not willing to spend the $$ right now.......we'll see if any other ideas occur by the weekend.

time to get to it!

No comments: