Sunday, June 01, 2008

completed mystery project and a reward

Here it is!

The second completed "mystery project" with in a month

Let us say I'm getting a "leg up" on my Christmas work

(and I ordered the yarn for the next one today!!! YES!)

now you can just wonder and imagine what that little square might be a piece of......



The month of May is gone and I for one am glad to see it gone, as it has not been any fun at all

To reward myself for having SURVIVED the month and for having "been good" by walking every day for almost 2 weeks, I made a little trip to our local Michaels.

Here are the goodies:

2 packages of wooden beads (little ones -- to be covered with size 15 (!!!) beads)
1 package of wooden spools (also little ones for size 15 bead covering)

(those items are so I can try to finish the piece of jewelry I'm working on after my attempt at making tube beads without support didn't work out for this particular project)

2 skeins of yarn that were on sale -- these are to be knit into afghan squares that will go to Close Knit Hugs

and the big treat -- the latest issue of Art Doll Quarterly -- I love these magazines -- and I keep them for future review



In this particular issue there is a challenge to do a paperdoll -- they provided the template (shown here)

I'm thinking about playing with this idea --

if I like the results, I may submit them (hey, the worst thing that will happen is another rejection slip for the wall!!)

No comments: