Monday, June 09, 2008

A little more digging in the dirt......

spent some time out in the yard planting some new things yesterday afternoon



This one is an acorn squash

We put it toward the back so there will be room for it to sprawl if it does well




and this little group of 3 is a "hill" of crook neck squash

I wanted to get zucchini, but there weren't any of those available

so if any of these "get away", I'll be making yellow pickle relish -- oh well, there's always adding a bit of food color to fix that!



and we put in two of these

these are Big Jim New Mexico peppers --

sort of like anaheims (I think)







The tomatoes that we planted last week are growing --- but very slowly

we've had 2 very cool days since then, which is not real good for growing anything, but these little babies are trying hard

I have finally finished the last of the black and white beads and started on the accent ones -- pictures soon, I promise!

work on the angel quilt and the newest mystery Christmas project are moving along -- I'm thinking I might get the log cabin quilt pinned together today between loads of laundry

time to get to it!

No comments: