Saturday, June 14, 2008

Photo Shoot and stash building on the cheap



These two bears will be going out on Ebay soon (it takes me a while to do all the code writing to post on Ebay, so hopefully tomorrow evening at least one of them will be ready!)

So this morning we had the great "photo shoot"!

This is always sort of fun -- I turn on all the lights around the photo cube -- brush each bear so the fur lays straight -- then its fronts and sides and backs and head shots -- lots of pictures -- then on to the computer where I crop and tweek each picture for the best color and detail

Its at this point that I sometimes send a bear back to the "operating room" for some minor (or even major) surgery

I can report that today's photo shoot didn't send either of them back for repairs -- we're good to go!



These are the fabrics I have selected to use for the baby quilt.

The yellow, blue and greens will be the blocks, the black and white will be the sheep.

Of course there will be a few other colors as I plan to put some flowers around the big sheep in the middle block, but this is basically what I will be using.

I had to go and buy the yellow as I didn't have anything that worked with the blue/green combo, and now I'll be on the look out for some fabric that has lambs printed on it to use for the back (we'll see how that goes).



While I was picking up the yellow for the baby quilt, I found these in the "goodie basket" -- just love to build my stash with fabrics that have been marked down! The most expensive of these was a whole $0.79!! Got to love that.....

Yesterday morning I went off to my first meeting with the quilt group. I had run into a great gal in the Hobby Lobby last week when my sister and I ventured out on a craft supply run and I was invited to join the group.

What a fun bunch!! We had "show and tell" (or as some of us refer to it as "Drag and Brag"!), worked on projects, yacked away and had a great potluck lunch -- soup, corn on the cob, bunches of fresh fruit and a couple of sweet goodies too

They meet once a month, and I'm already looking forward to the next meeting

time to get moving on projects!

No comments: