Wednesday, June 04, 2008

knittin' and piecin' and beadin' and cleanin' (?!)



Ta Da!

another vest complete for Warm Woolies

I really like the color combo for this one -- and the Patton wool is just a JOY to work with

now I'll be going through the box of yarn to find some yarn for the next one!



And Gabriel isn't flying in circles anymore

I put the last of the wing pieces in last night, and have the halo all pinned in (even started on stitching it in)

So we're moving right along with this project







these are the first 2 of the wood beads covered with size 15 seed beads

even though I was convinced this was a good way to do these, I admit I was a little unsure about actually being able to do the work -- but it was much easier that I thought it would be

and just to be different, while the stripes on all of the other beads run around the beads, these go up and down, which required an entirely different technique

now about 10 more of these to go in various sizes!

Cleaning?!

Once a year about this time my sister comes and spends a couple or three days at my house and we work on projects.

Today is the day she arrives, so I also had my annual excuse to do some cleaning (ok, I do clean more often than that, but its not a high priority!) -- so we're ready now, and we can spend the next few days trashing up the place!!

we're off and runnin'

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Ugh, cleaning! Too much to do, too little time to clean. :)