Thursday, September 11, 2008

Everything's up to date in Kansas City---

we've gone about as far as we can go


Yup, we're here! Safely made the trip across Nebraska -- hit the Wyoming/Nebraska border right about at sunrise (having left our daughter's house about 5 a.m.), but the sunrise was about as much sun as we saw during the day

Cool temperatures, mist, drizzle, light rain and one short area of downpour, and nothing very eventful except the annoying stretches of road construction in Wyoming (where they take you down to one REALLY narrow lane at 65 mph and it was pitch black) and the on going areas in Nebraska -- it will be interesting to see what we encounter on Sunday when we drive back throught Kansas!

Note on the ongoing research: previous observations still hold -- racoons don't blow up

We saw a lot of cows and horses in fields, one herd with a buffalo in with the cows (I'm thinking some of those were beefalo!), two antelope dashing through a field and a large group of alpacas -- at first I thought they were goats (ok, I was seeing them from the back end with their heads down)

I got a lot of work done in the car -- finished the accessories for the bear I was reworking, I'm going to name that one Rickie -- pictures to follow. Also stuffed and closed the rabbit I had started and 2 more eye glass cords -- oh yeah, and an afghan square (I started another square but ended up ripping it out because I didn't count correctly when I cast on -- that's what I get for trying to cast on in the dark!)

So tomorrow morning we can sleep in (which means I'll probably be awake by 7), then I can finish the grizzlie bear and probably the rabbit before we go to set up at 2 --- considering how stressed I was feeling on Tuesday evening, I'm pretty mellow now

so -- time to think about sleep!

No comments: