Saturday, September 20, 2008

I can't come back, I don't know how it works....

this was what we saw when we went out to check on the garden this morning!

Awesome!!

it was so close we could actually hear the gas jets turning on (whoooosh)

pretty cool stuff

earlier, when we were over at the Farmer's Market there were 6 balloons up -- 2 of them were so far away we couldn't really see what color they were, but the other 4 were close -- and this one was one of them

gee, he followed me home!




new colors all selected for the next bird "block"

this one is not really a block, I'm putting it together on a piece of bleached muslin then the backing will be trimmed away so the bird can be appliqued right on to the stripping of the quilt (I know that's not real clear, but I guess that's because I don't really know how to describe my design process!)

The count down is getting closer -- I have this bird and one other that will be done in a similar manner, then the big center block --- definate progress!

Yesterday I finished stitching up the last of the dodo birds that I want to have finished for next weekend's show. So today's bird stitching will be the goose -- a totally new pattern that I will be making out of a very plush alpaca fabric --- mmmmmmm -- but first I'm going to get all of those dodos turned and stuffed and start in on the eye paint

and so it's into the fray!

No comments: