Friday, September 26, 2008

odds and ends before a show

like I didn't have enough to do, yesterday morning we decided to make one more of the smaller dodos

this is Darkwing Ditto

cute huh?

actually it was helpful to learn that when I have all of the materials right in hand I can actually make one of these in about 4 hours -- and he's all hand stitched









since I had finished the previous bird quilt block the day before I pulled out the fabrics for the next one

and I've already begun working on it -- all of his tail and about half of the body is already appliqued







The box arrived!

No doubt you're thinking "box? what box?"

This weekend at our show we will be taking orders for Intercal Trading Group -- the people I have bought mohair for my animals from for over 20 years. Since their sales rep can't be at all shows at once, we're trying something new -- this box is full of sample pieces of their fur so you can actually put your hands on the fur before you place that order.

It should be interesting

Here are the details of where our show will be:

5th Annual Berthoud Doll, Toy & Teddy Bear Show
Ivy Stockwell Elementary School
175 Fifth Street
Berthoud, CO
hours: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, September 27

$3 admission, children under 12 free with parent

mention this blog post when you purchase any single animal over $20 and get a 10% discount (discount does not apply to fur purchases -- there are other price incentives for those)




and just because I can't seem to get myself to any show without some mishap

last night I ran into a door jam

notice the lovely red mark and the blue swelling on the toe

when I hit it I heard the "pop", so I probably broke something

there will be the applying of tape support and the wearing of socks (and probably some limping) Bring on the ice and the advil

So today we'll be loading up the van and heading off to set up -- hope to see some of you at the show!

No comments: