Thursday, September 18, 2008

Success -- and failure



It's Brillo!

A cute little wire haired dachshund

he has a pipe cleaner in his tail so it stands up cute

and don't you love the little harness with the ring for a leash (we don't have to have no stinkin' leashes tho') -- I hand made that D-ring out of an eyepin -- one more example of how the many arts I dabble in cross over one another

Now the DH is working on making a pattern for a basset hound -- arrroooooouuuu!

Brillo is a success!!

This, however, is not

Remember my comment yesterday about maybe the water isn't hot enough?

Well, my idea still stands

This went through the Hot/Cold machine setting with lots of blue jeans and towels for friction, and through a HOT setting on the dryer with the same things plus some sock covered tennis balls, and it hardly shrunk at all

I'm bummed

I guess there will be boiling of water and a lot of hand scrubbing --- NUTS!

Managed to get a light colored dodo bird all stitched up yesterday, only to discover that even in this gun friendly area, there is no place I can buy small steel shot which is what I use to weight the tails of these birds -- I have a place in my daughter's area to call today, but failing that I'll be ordering the stuff in the mail -- and the shipping will be as much as the shot!

So today to the dark colored dodo -- and I need to figure out what to make to take to tomorrow's quilt group meeting----gotta get movin'

No comments: