Thursday, September 25, 2008

feeling "goosie"?

Meet Grace

having completed the duck rework, we just slid right into the goose (must have been that mess on the floor that did it!)

Lovely isn't she -- stands 10 1/2 inches tall on sturdy (wire) legs

she's a looker!

(and hopefully a flyer -- as in right out of the booth this weekend!)

Originally this was supposed to be a bigger bird, but I decided that a life sized goose would just be too much of a transport problem (what, I need to build wire pens now?!), and I wasn't sure that the wire we use for bird legs would support the weight of a larger bird (you'll notice there have been no turkeys here)

now that I've done Grace, I am considering a really ornate rooster -- one of the odd breeds with all the fancy feathers -- we'll see

along with the goose, I finished the piecing of the senegal

you probably can't tell from the picture, but the entire outside edge of this is raw because eventually the white will all be cut away and the bird appliqued to the stripping part of the quilt top

I have one more of this style bird to do (a red eclectus) that faces the other way -- these two will be on either side of the center block (which will be the last one I'll do)

According to my little piece counting chart I've got 2/3 of this put together --- WHOOO HOOO!! Moving right along






So the plan for today, as we are nearing that nerve racking "pack the van" stage is to work on things like photos for the picture book we always have in the booth, and signs for the show (like, how many shopping days there are until Christmas) , and other odds and ends. I'm also still working on jewelry for the Holiday shows we'll do later -- yes, there's always something to do!

time to go get some of it done!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Grace is gorgeous! Now, if you can just get her to lay a golden egg or two...