Monday, September 08, 2008

Recovering

from a LLLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG weekend show -- wow!

this was home sweet booth

We did our set up on Friday morning, and spent most of the day huddling with our sweatshirts on because it never got very warm

On Saturday it was better -- warm enough for shirt sleeves, still cool enough to be comfortable in jeans

And Sunday was quite warm

just the typical kind of thing you get here in the mountain West! We're grateful that there was no rain/snow/hail and that the wind was light

Our jewelry was well received. We made sales and got great feedback from other artists.

One designer that was visiting the fair stopped and talked for quite a long time and gave me some ideas to improve several of the older pieces

So beware! In coming months you will see a lot of "Reworking" going on!


On Sunday afternoon my sister came to visit and pick up a hat.

As she has done several time in the past few years she stayed to help out with the tear down -- something that is greatly appreciated!!!

She brought me this little piece of heaven --- mmmmmmm, yummmy, DARK, unsweet (but not bitter) CHOCOLATE -- 87% cacao -- a lovely 2 oz bar that is neatly divided into little pieces inside to allow for resting a small chunk on your tongue and just letting it dissolve away ---- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This bar is just the chocolate, but the same company makes several other bars -- I may have to check them out too

I have not done much on quilt projects or Christmas knitting or bears the last 3 days, but I did manage to finish one afghan square a day in the car -- if I do as well when we travel next weekend I'll be able to ship off a box when we return!

Today, after I finish the HUGE pile of paperwork that always accompanies a show (no job is done until the paperwork is complete!), doing the laundry and making a trip to the store I hope to get at least 2 bears complete.

Someone remind me when I'm scheduling shows next year that shows in two different media on back to back weekends is a BAD idea -- we leave Thursday morning for the Jubilee in Kansas City! AAAACCCCCKKKK!!!!

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Oh my gosh Bev... back to back shows??? I passed on KC because I was signed up for Kohler, WI 4 weeks later LOL!

Good luck at the show and sorry I won't be there this year!

Hugz,
Laura Lynn

Bev said...

thanks Laura Lynn! We'll definately miss you!!

I'll try to do some blogging about the show while I'm there