Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sushi?



Meet Sushi

ok, yes, I know that raw fish dishes are actually called sashimi

but Sushi seems like a such a cute name for a cat!

oh, and check out the adorable fish! (thanks to the DH!!!)

see, I was working yesterday








This is one of the other projects I worked on yesterday

a knitted basket

the idea is to felt it

in fact, its in the dryer cycle as I type (I can hear the accompanying tennis balls going thumpity thump)

I'm hoping to use this in another project -- we'll see how the whole felting thing goes -- the last few felting projects have ended up having to be done in the kitchen in a dishpan and involved boiling water and rubber gloves (and my hands being really sore afterwards) I'm wondering if the new water heater isn't set as hot as the old one was so the machine felting isn't working as well -- we'll see

today's projects include a weiner dog, dodo birds and a goose --- an odd combo to say the least!

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

Sushi Kitty, how cute! Would that be a hand basket, by any chance? LOL

Bev said...

as in we've "gone to hell in"

mmmmm, maybe