Monday, September 15, 2008

survival of the fittest

Before the show there was a lot of work on animals!



The rabbit completed

I'm not really happy with him

I think his head is too small

I will be reworking this pattern!



And this is Ricki

featuring a brand new nose!

freshly dressed with a beret and a hand crocheted bow

this is a big improvement on what the bear looked like before!




and then there is the Grizzlie

The claws survived just fine, thank you

and the wire loops the DH put on the backs of the footpads so I could attach them like oversized buttons (well, sort of) worked just great

Unfortunately, this guy came home with us (he did get lots of looks!), so this week I will be applying the same glaze to his face that we did to his feet, which I think will help unify the look





This was our table

For most of the weekend it rained -- no seriously, it RAINED! as in over 6 inches in about 12 hours -- as in there were tornado sirens during our banquet and trees down all over the place south and west of us and at least 2 artists that couldn't even get there

discouraging

so attendance wasn't all that great at the show either

there's just no predicting the weather

and it could have been worse, much worse, as we can tell from the horrible pictures we're seeing of the coast of Texas




"naner, naner!"

I got a "sneek peek" copy of John Lamb's new book!

The official release date on this is Oct 1, but he was there at the show, signing copies for everyone -- what a nice guy! (I even had time to have a conversation with him about how he goes about his writing)

On the way back we had W I N D as we were driving through the edges of at least 2 frontal systems -- wow

Took some great pictures in Kansas which I will be writing about soon

time to go deal with unloading the van and doing laundry and getting some food in the house!

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

Bev I'm so sorry the weather had such a terrible affect on attendance for the show :( That is one thing that can never be controlled, that's for sure.

No fair on getting a sneak peek on John Lamb's new book!!! (sticks tongue out maturely!!!)

Hugz,
Laura Lynn