Thursday, April 09, 2009

another block and new beginnings

Another block of the afghan complete!

So now I'm down to only one more left to go, which is awesome

I actually did cast on that last block and knit a whole row last night before I was falling asleep in front of the news

It is exciting that this really big project is getting close to being done


This is the beginning of the next bird

Right now it doesn't look like much, but that lumpy egg shape is his body and the round one is his head

(now use your imagination --- bright yellow with black and yellow wings)

ok, more pictures as we progress



I may have mentioned here that we will be doing a show in October that is themed.

The theme is "Bloomin' Bears"

I'm not much of one for "frou frou" on my bears, which is why I did the birdhouse with the flowers (and will do 2 more variations on that theme) for this upcoming show

Yesterday, as we were cleaning off a shelf in the garage, I found these.

And I just happen to have a little gold bear that I've been thinking about totally reworking that is exactly the right size to go with the little flower cart

How sweet is that --- a really "green" project as I have basically everything I need on hand already!

The DH is going to make me a "riser" to fit inside the cart so that the flower pots will show (its a little too deep as it is right now).

This will definately be a mixed media project --- wool/mohair bear, wood wagon, wood and clay pots, beaded and needle felted flowers --- yup this one should be a lot of fun!

time to get movin'

P.S. There's a new recipe posted over at Hattie's Kitchen

No comments: