Friday, April 17, 2009

another piece of beach glass

Another piece of Rocky Mountain Beach Glass jewelry complete!

This was a piece of brown glass, and because the shape had more "gentle" angles, I was able to use the netting technique around it.

The DH has dubbed this one "rootbeer float" --- as the beads I used are mostly rootbeer or frosted rootbeer color.

The next piece of glass that I'm going to tackle is a deep red with patterning in the glass --- I'll probably be starting on that one this afternoon.




A Victim of Multi Tasking?

Quite a while ago I started this mixed media piece

The box is about an 8 inch cube, and the critter is a bear (well, it has a bear's head) and is intented to be dressed (that's why only the head and the paws are fur)

This thing has been through several variations already --- originally we were aiming at trying to make him actually spring out of the box (you know, jack in the box style), but the inability to get the mechanics of that brought us to this stage

Trouble is, I don't remember what I was thinking about dressing him --- at one time it was a sort of wizard idea, but that just doesn't fit with the box

So now I'm thinking about going clown

hmmmmmmm, guess this is why he fell out of the multi-tasking rotation ----- more thinking required

About now I should be packing for a venture to my daughter's house for the weekend --- the trouble is, even though it's mid-April, it's SNOWING!!! And between us and our daughter's house, there is a little thing called Monument Pass, on which it has been snowing for most of the night and there is down to the roadway fog. Oh yes, it's supposed to continue snowing for most of today and into tomorrow afternoon.

We'd been hearing all week that this storm was coming, but sometimes they forecast it and it misses us entirely --- not so this time

nuts! --- I guess we'll be shifting the plans to next weekend instead

guess I'll console myself by working on projects

No comments: