Monday, April 20, 2009

More Rocky Mountain Beach Glass

The red piece is complete

Once again I used the colored thread inside the clear beads to get that "hint" of color in the chain

The left hand picture is the front, and shows the neat texture that is right in the glass, and the right hand picture shows the back.

Because this is such a long narrow piece of glass I needed a "cross piece" to keep the bezel in place.

I actually like the look of the back really well, and on some future piece that isn't textured, I may use this as a design feature on the front of a piece.

The second set of pots has been dipped and is hanging to dry

Today I hope to get the third set done and perhaps start painting on the cart itself





We have achieved giraffe!

Last night I bound off the end of this, to many "Hurrahs"!

Next step is to measure so we can scout about in the garage for a piece of PVC pipe to reinforce the neck of this critter ---

long floppy legs are cute, a long floppy neck -- not so much

While I was in the thick of this I had moments of wondering "what ARE you thinking?!"

Now that we're here, I'm all excited again about this

Still have to do ears and "horns", but those are going to be crocheted, and I need to put him together first to get the scale correct.

I predict he's going to be cute!

and so we go, into another week full of projects --- but today a short pause to do laundry

No comments: