Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yellow Bird

I finished up the yellow bird, and he's all ready to go onto the green birdhouse.

I'm totally amazed by the way these seem to look like disjointed bits of fluff then suddenly they are birds!

Decorating this bird house will be a bit different than the red one was -- I'm thinking about doing flower petals to go all around the opening of the bird house (so the hole would be the center of the flower) -- we'll see, I'm in the "thinking about it" stage

And here you can see that I have begun working on the flower seller's cart

Before I painted, I had the DH cut a small piece off the bottom of the "peg" that supports the front end of the cart -- I wanted it to lean slightly that way because it would tip back toward the handle when I put things in it otherwise

See all those pots? My plan is to make each one a bit different as I paint them -- I think I still have some paint with texture stuff in it even


Of course then there is the question of what do I put in the pots to support the flower stems?

This is an actual block of oasis (that cool stuff that florists use to stick real flowers in) -- I had this still on hand from some other long ago project (clue to why I don't throw things out!)

And that tool that looks like an apple corer is just that

But it was the perfect size to cut the "plugs" for the 4 big pots. Unfortunately I'll have to cut all the others free hand with a knife

Aside from finishing the yellow bird and working on the flower cart I also stuffed another animal that the DH had jointed a while back but I'd sort of forgotten about. I'm hoping to get the rest of that project finished today.

Also finished the bezel band for the next Rocky Mountain Beach Glass necklace and worked on the Unidentified Christmas Project


oh, yes,

and fiddled around a bit with the paper crafts and created this cute little bunny basket

The Easter Bunny in our neighborhood was wearing a rain slicker and carrying an umbrella this morning as it is raining, but we're glad to have moisture that doesn't require me to go out and shovel it out of the driveway!!

Happy Easter!!

No comments: