Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back to the card tricks




Ha! I'll bet you thought I'd forgotten all about this project

Nope, just don't get to it every day

So here are a few more of the ladybug suit

closing in on half done with the number cards for the deck


I have now finished all of the blocks for the afghan (OPPS!, I forgot to take a picture of that very last, very skinny block) -- anyway, it is all stitched together now and I picked up the stitches along one narrow edge and knit two rows across it last night (no, I don't know how many stitches, counting wasn't required because I was just picking up the crocheted edges of the blocks --- I promise to count later)

Yesterday afternoon, the DH cut the piece of PVC pipe that I'll be using as the "spine" of the giraffe, and this morning I found the piece of batting I needed to wrap it, so today I'll be working on the finishing of the giraffe.

After several attempts to encircle one particular piece of brown beach glass, I have accepted defeat -- this piece is particularly difficult because it is roughly triangular as well as being curved -- so I'll probably break it in one more place and toss it back in the tumbler for the next batch of glass. Today, a new piece to try.

rollin' along

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

I love how the ladybug suit is coming out; it's adorable!