Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Work In Progress

As promised, some pictures of the projects in process

Here is the bird house after I cleaned up the entrance and applied glitter to the flower

It actually looks a lot better in person than it does in the picture, but you can see a couple of flecks of glitter on it

I think I'll be stringing together some flat flowers and gluing them all around the birdhouse, and perhaps a few bundles of flowers on the roof of this one like I did on the red birdhouse



And the first painting on the flower cart

I had thought about doing the edge of the wheels one color and the flat part another, but I'm not that steady with a paint brush, so I settled for masking off the parts around the wheel and painting it all black (like metal)

The pots are waiting for their "glazing" I've been trying to figure out a way I can dip them into the glaze and then hang them to dry --- much easier than holding them in my fingers and trying to paint all of the surfaces (and painting my fingers too!)



Finally got the rubber stamps all mounted on the wood "handles"

This should make it easier to actually stamp them!

There is still a serious amount of the "did I do that" factor with these things

So, I'm thinking about taking them for a fabric painting "test drive" on something the right size to make a case for my sunglasses

Pictures to follow my pretties!

A lot of yesterday afternoon was taken up with errands and a doctor appointment, so we didn't get our yard work done --- we'll be out there right after breakfast to get it done --- the ornamental grass plants arrived yesterday after we got home

onward!

No comments: