Saturday, April 04, 2009

Let there be fringe

Check this out!

The zipping is complete, the stones are attached

This still needs a bar for the toggle clasp

But we're ready to fringe!

So far this piece is humming right along --- looking exactly as I imagined it, which is an amazing thing

now it's on to creating whatever the pattern of the fringe will be







After thinking about how to modify these so I would like them better, I went back to the idea that just using a rectangular crop just wasn't going to work

Recropping much tighter to the flower drawing itself was much more satisfactory








So while I was in the program, I did these too

I really like the little lady bugs with their spots, and I have to say these were a lot easier to crop tightly

hopefully there will be no issues when it comes to the numbers 8, 9 and 10!





The first of the two books I ordered arrived yesterday --- it's my very own copy of Complex Cloth. When I borrowed the book from the library I browsed through it, reading bits and pieces --- enough to know two things: 1)that it was actually possible and affordable to create one's own rubber stamps (and just to prove that, I've done 2 already) and 2)that I really, REALLY needed a copy of this book for my very own. So now I will be reading it cover to cover --- every sentence!! mmmmmmm!

The second book should be here soon too, which will be grand.

We were supposed to get a snow storm last night -- and lasting through tomorrow --- but when I got up this morning there was only a teeny, tiny, tiny little bit of snow in the cracks of the sidewalk and along the windshield wipers on the car and over the top of the trash can. We do, however, have a very COLD wind blowing --- Brrrrrrrr!

We shall be holed up working on projects today

No comments: