Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Items in the shop and other finished objects

The yellow bird and his birdhouse are available for sale in my Etsy shop!

You can use this link to go take a look.


and the cardinal and his birdhouse are also out there on the Etsy shop.

You can use this link to see that listing



The bunny and the tulips are done!

I'm very pleased with the way this piece came out --- being the first time for using needle felting on the face and to create the floral accents, it's amazing that there has been so little ranting over this one.

This bunny does not yet have a name, however

We're thinking about it

(perhaps I should name it "resistance is futile" since that is what my sister told me about needle felting!)






There was merry stamping yesterday.

The nice thing about stamping with acrylics is that they dry really quickly, so I was able to to the "layered leaf" look that I wanted to try without waiting forever in between stamping sessions.

Notice how some of the leaves overlap one another

I was afraid using the acrylics would make the fabric too stiff to do much with it, but again I was pleasantly surprised.

The real trick to some of these projects, of course, is knowing when you are "done"

There is always the temptation to keep messing with it until you've done just one thing too many and ruined it

This piece is officially DONE. Now on to making it into the object I had in mind all along.


The giraffe now has four legs!

Finished up the last of the back legs last night

Now it's on to the body --- and solving the puzzle of the knitting that must have a back bone --- makes me wish I could figure out how to build things from the inside out like Lisa Lichtenfels does. (If you aren't familiar with her work, I highly recommend you go look at her work --- you can use this link --- it's amazing what can be made out of pantyhose and pvc pipe!)

Anyway, I'll be working on the "engineering" part of the giraffe next.

time to get rolling

No comments: