Friday, April 03, 2009

Maple Leaf Stamp

Isn't this cool!?

I wasn't sure how well I could cut all these little pointy places, but it came out really well!

And the DH has cut me another piece of scrap lumber so I can mount it on a wood block to make the stamping easier --- neat

So now I have the maple seeds to cut --- much more detailed -- lots of little lines and creases -- should be quite interesting

Yesterday afternoon I started "zipping" the necklace part of the malachite/azurite/turquoise piece I've been working on. It looks pretty good, and I'm hoping to get that finished today so I can get on with the fringing.

Been working on the card deck -- sort of

While I'm pretty happy with the 2 card, I am not so happy with the 10.

For one thing, the stems of some of the flowers look "cut off", and there are some issues with overlapping

When I started on these, I just cropped the flower in a rectagle to copy and paste the multiple times on each card.

That worked ok with the lower numbers, but once I got to 8, 9 and 10, it just doesn't

So, it will be back to the drawing board --- or more accurately back to the photo shop software --- to re-crop and try again.

I'd really like to get this part of the project done so I can get on to the face cards --- but you can't hurry quality!

We're supposed to get another snow storm tonight through tomorrow, so we're going out for dog food and some other things today before I start in on projects. I'm hoping to get to the new bird today too -- we'll see

No comments: