Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Painting and stamping and knitting (OH MY!)

The last batch of pots has been dipped and hung to dry.

So the next step will be to put the chunks of oasis in each pot and start thinking about the flowers.

The first coat of paint has been put on the cart too --- a sort of goldenrod yellow (sorry folks no picture of that yet!)




See the sort of darker spots on the fabric?

Those are the places where I stamped the resist.

I used one of my newly cut rubber stamps and did a sort of random pattern.

Today I plan to take this out on the patio table and do a fine misting with more of the concentrated orange Kool Aid.

Yesterday I saw two different things about pattern with resist --- one was an article in the last quilt magazine I got where the writer had used pieces of freezer paper cut in the desired shapes and ironed down to the fabric. The second one was on Martha Stewart where they were doing color patterning with paint --- possibly useful for items where the "hand" of the fabric isn't that important.

And then there is this

the first of the giraffe legs all stitched up and stuffed and ready to go

On the other animals I had stitched on the inside then turned and stuffed, but because this leg is so long and so narrow, I figured that technique would be a study in frustration!

So, I used a ladder stitch technique, and did alternating stitching and stuffing.

It's all ready to be attached to the body

Only 3 more to go!!


and so we're off and running on more projects --- I need to do some more wool washing so I can do some more dying for needle felting projects, so there needs to be stick picking and combing first

time to move along

No comments: