Wednesday, March 23, 2011

and I'm tickled

the first group of feathers on the hat is complete

pictures show hat with the feather placement and a close up of the rows and rows of stitching that make up the feathers

the idea to stitch all those fine lines of the feather worked a lot better than I imagined it would

so now there are two more on the big hat to do and some to do on the smaller hat

it will take a while, but I really like the look


more grass and flowers sprung up yesterday

somehow it seems sort of appropriate that I'm working on this piece here in the first days of spring --

the grass is growing on the bead work -- the grass is greening up in my yard

yup, it's spring

new fabric being created for the bag project -- again

all of the stripe stitching is complete and I got the animals on one side of the fabric all stitched on

I found some additional stampings, so each side will have 5 animals instead of just 4 as the first bag did

looking good!

I'm not sure how much will get done on projects today -- since it is payday we'll be making our monthly shopping trips and I have a meeting to attend this evening

we'll see how it all works out

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

The grass is growing and spring is here.

Nancy G said...

Wow, those feathers are looking great; I can't wait to see them in person!