Sunday, March 20, 2011

world's cutest little boy knitwear model

my daughter emailed me this photo of my grandson wearing the watch cap that I knit for him a couple of weeks ago

isn't he just the cutest kid ever

(and that is a pretty classy looking hat!)

heh -- yeah

since we are now getting into warmer weather (it is the first day of spring and I'm using some positive thought here), I'll be ordering up the needed yarn for the Christmas knitting as soon as we get our monthly paycheck -- the deal with hand knits as Christmas gifts is that I need to get them started by April 1! and since I have added a couple of people to the "must give them hand knits" list, I should point out that I've actually been working on Christmas knits since mid-January
after doing a "search and organize" mission to locate the airbrush ink that I need to put the background "leaves" on this piece I spread it all out on the table, all ready to start doing the bubble wrap stamping

only to be brought up by the short hairs when I realized that the branches were all stitched down, but they were still just white -- I hadn't added the markings that they need to look like branches! ACK!!

so here we have (from left to right): 1) tree trunks marked but branches unmarked (and that's one of the two Copic markers laying there next to the far left trunk); 2) dark markings on the branches; and 3) the branches all finished

so NOW I can do the stamping with the bubble wrap to create those background leaves -- maybe today, but soon for sure

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

He's so cute! And so cute in that hat. Congratulations, Grandma!

And I love those birch trees. Mark my words. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Nancy G said...

He's adorable, as usual! How long do you suppose it took him to pull that great looking hat off his head?

Great looking branches! You keep this up, you're really going to make your mark in the quilt world - or am I barking up the wrong tree? Okay, I'll be leafing now (as she ducks and runs).