Tuesday, March 08, 2011

new project beginnings

since the envelope of supplies arrived, I figured it would be good to get going on the project

(not to mention that I don't want to be doing this at the last minute when the deadline for submissions is looming!)

here we have the piece all set up -- two pieces of stabilizer with a layer of bamboo batting sandwiched inside (I used some spray adhesive to hold those layers together) -- then the jasper pieces are glued down and it's ready for me to start stitching the bezels around each one -- that will take a while, since there are a couple dozen stones involved

fortunately bezel building is pretty easy, so it shouldn't take too long




my back has recovered enough that I could move tubs of fabric around and pull out the pieces that I need to start on the Hawaii piece


meantime, the big hat and the hat stand on the Hoffman design have been stitched down, so it's moving right along too


and yesterday I cut the strips for the third charity quilt top


yarn projects are doing well too -- almost 45% of the Christmas afghan done, the yolk of the shawl is complete and the hat I started on Saturday for my grandson is half finished too

moving along

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Jewelry making is a spectator sport for me, so I really love seeing what you create. (So did quilting turn out to be, though I've at least tried that one.) You do such beautiful work.