Monday, March 21, 2011

anyone need a hand bag?

I finished this up yesterday -- basically that just meant stitching the cord that holds the wood beads to the top edge

I had been working on this for a while, and I really like the way it came out

except for one thing

it isn't really big enough for all the "stuff" I routinely carry -- even after I downsized all the medicine bottles and tossed out the 2009 calendar and half a year's worth of expired coupons

there isn't room for my sunglasses and my pocket shopping bag and my little pack of Kleenex -- not to mention my camera, my cell phone and whatever other things I might need to carry on any given day

I know, I just lug around too much stuff

but I'm pretty sure I'll be headed back to the drawing board on this project and expanding the pattern and making new fabric and, and ---

which means that this bag will probably end up in my Etsy shop

{sigh}
this little bag, however, is perfect

it was just the right size to put my lip gloss and my pocket knife and the little containers of medication that I always carry

and on this one (at least in this photo) you can see the color stitching that I did on the fabric before I cut it





more progress being made on the rock garden

the grass and flowers are spreading across the piece like moss

looking good


and yesterday I finished up one of the feathers on the Hoffman piece (I really do need to remember to take a picture of that!)

today, being Monday, I'm doing laundry, but I'm hoping to get a lot of work done on several of the ongoing projects

time to get to it!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

The more you knit (and bead and and and in your case) the bigger the bag you need.