Friday, March 11, 2011

spring soon?

it was pretty nice yesterday

and it is supposed to be nice today

we did some shopping

these are the seeds on hand for this year's garden (so far anyway)

chard, beets (I got seed tape this time), pumpkin, cucumber, sunflowers, zucchini, butternut squash and green beans

tomatoes and peppers will be purchased as plants later

the big issue will be that the stuff in the compost bin needs to be spread over the garden and tilled in -- I hope I can manage that since the DH isn't going to be doing anything that strenuous for a while yet

yesterday's other shopping involved my finally using one of the gift cards I got for Christmas from my sister -- I have never been one of those "girly girls" that likes to spend hours shopping for clothes, and now that I'm nearing 60 and I'm not "stylishly thin" I enjoy that even less -- but now and then new clothing is required -- I have two new pairs of "dressy" pants, suitable for wearing to the conference I'll be attending in May, and some required lingerie -- all of that and I had only to plunk down $0.22 -- love sales, and thank you very much sis! it was a great gift!!!
last night was our quilt guild meeting

I have to say our guild is truly awesome -- we are going into our 10th year of supporting Safe Passage, and we had an enormous pile of quilts that have been made by guild members for that organization

and this lovely cache of yarn was on the put and take table -- I'll be turning this into afghan squares for Close Knit Hugs (I try to take yarn and needles to the guild meeting and work on squares while I'm listening to the program, and last night I got half of a square done)

who knows what adventure of creating I'll get into today!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

There is something enormously comforting about an ordinary round ball of yarn.