Sunday, March 27, 2011

too soon?

here we thought it was spring --

hmmm

woke up this morning and this was what it looked like -- not to mention that it is very foggy

wow ---








picked up this cute fabric yesterday on the sale table

I want to make my grandson a bucket hat, and my original plan was to cut a rubber stamp and create some original fabric for it

except right now I'm a little hampered by having already been way too close to a sharp object, so cutting a rubber stamp (which would need really good hand control) and doing the stamping (which would require using some pressure) are just not in the picture right now

I think I can handle scissors and the sewing machine however -- need to pre-wash it first though

meantime, yesterday was a very looooonnnng day - I don't do well just sitting still, and since I am very right handed, having my index finger in a bandage is not conducive to my being able to do much of anything

I hope when I unwrap it this morning I'll be able to downsize the bandage and maybe figure out something I can actually do

(and I'm trying not to think about the idea that it might have needed stitches -- having no insurance makes me walk on the edge of panic every time I'm in a situation that I might get hurt)

positive thoughts here folks

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I might make some crack about the hat being a bucket project, then, but um, maybe I ought not to o-pun my mouth on that one.