work continues on the bead work piece
this is definitely one of those "did I do that" moments
it just looks so amazing!
and I have to say that I am getting faster at the process as well, which is good
and the ever changing look of the new flowers being added and the spaces between the stones being filled up is enough to keep me chugging along
I went to an applique group meeting yesterday -- spent a couple of hours with a nice group of local ladies, got quite a bit of work done on the Hoffman piece while I sat and chatted with them (and got caught up on all the local guild gossip!)
one of the things I planned to do while I was at the meeting was pick up the fabric for the back of the Hoffman piece -- but they had run out of the one I had originally picked out to use
when I got home I talked with the DH about it and we decided to take a look at what fabric they did have that would work, so back to the store we went
I got what I needed (pictures of that later) and found this AMAZING roll of fat quarters
these are Northcott fabrics, and this roll of 14 fabrics is called Stonehenge
the prints are wonderful -- they look like granite and marble and lapis and -- well you get the idea
given that I'm making a lot of landscape pieces now days and I had a coupon for the store and I have a birthday coming up, the DH said "buy it" -- so happy birthday to me -- a bit early!
and yes, I know it's weird, most of the ladies from the group would never take their "significant others" into a quilt store because they'd be told "don't buy that" -- me, I can walk in and even though I'd like to have something, I have the discipline to walk back out without buying -- take the DH in with me though and all is lost!
I'll be using these to work on finishing some PITs (project in transition) which is what I have at my house instead of UFOs
another section of the afghan is complete!
this project is now at 57% -- moving right along
today's projects include a trip to the hardware store (we're shopping for a tiller that I can handle so we can garden this year even though the DH is still recovering from his surgery)
and I need to spend some time cleaning out a "Pit" of mess in my "studio" to find the air brush inks that I bought to do the painting on the Trees project
time to get to it!