Friday, March 04, 2011

oddities

yesterday morning as I was preparing breakfast, I was hulling a box of strawberries

these two berries were in the box

Siamese twins!

or cat berries, as it looks like a pair of kitty ears

I've seen this before from time to time, but two in one box is kind of odd

wonder what was in the water

and further strangeness from yesterday

these 3 pieces of fabric appeared on the floor in the kitchen

I have no idea where they came from

I haven't used anything this color for months

and I haven't done any project that would call for anything this shape in forever

puzzling

I finished a project yesterday

this is a Christmas banner I did for my daughter and her husband the year they got married

as a quilted piece, it's kind of "primitive", but they like it, so I'm happy to make the required adjustments

when I first made it, it had 2 snow people, a dog and a bird

the next year I had to add another dog

this year I added another little snow person (close up shows that part pretty well)

with this pair of striped mittens I have met the goal of 11 pair for this year

last year it took me until mid April to do 10 pair

I don't know if it is the new (and in my opinion, much better) pattern that I picked for this year or if I've just knit faster

either way, I'm feeling pretty good about having these 11 pair complete

charity knitting time will be afghan squares for a while

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Sometimes something leaps into view like that for a reason. Curiosity as to where it takes you.

The strawberries look like two old friends running to each other to throw their arms around each other.

Bev said...

I love that visual -- and now its exactly what I see!