Thursday, March 03, 2011

hat stand trials

progress at last

yesterday I got the drape and the table cloth stitched to the window

but not until after I had taken apart everything I had done the day before and changed out what I was using for the window

the fabric I had used first just had too much texture and really obscured all the work that went into the scene beyond the window

this fabric is better -- still gives the impression of a glass window, but you can see the detail behind it

so now I can get on with attaching the stand and the hats

looking good!
and another pattern panel done on the Christmas afghan project

this one was easy both because it involved only 2 colors and because it was very symmetrical


the last mitten of the mittnz project has been cast on and worked up just past the thumb -- we're closing in on a completed goal here folks -- feels awesome



doing a little fiddling with pencil and paper while dinner was cooking last night

kind of fun

is it grass?

or flames?

interesting shapes either way

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Answer to the questions: I would say, yes. And does that building look like an old Spanish California mission to you, or is that just my eyes?