Tuesday, March 01, 2011

and the verdict is

made the trip to the local quilt store yesterday to see if I could find some fabric to use for the "table cloth" on this piece

its fun to go into a quilt store that has enough cutting tables that they are willing to let you use one as a flat design wall to audition fabrics from the many, many bolts they have available

I bought purple

in the first picture you see the front of the fabric, which has a pretty dominant gold metallic patterning over it

the second picture is the back of the same fabric, which interestingly enough has a really nice subtle color variation in it when you aren't being distracted by the gold pattern!

I'll be using the back of the fabric for the table cloth

so the stitching has begun on the fabric that will be the curtain -- I'm enclosing a small roll of batting inside each of the "pleats" so it will have the "feel" of a drapery that has been pulled back

its pretty exciting to finally be moving forward with this project again

I'm hoping that between loads of laundry today I can get the tubs of fabric down for auditioning the Hawaii piece -- and hopefully once the laundry is all folded I can get to the painting on the Trees project (yes, that's still being worked on!)

crawling along at turtle pace because I don't want to hurt my back again, but wishing to be the rabbit!

No comments: