Monday, April 30, 2012

Birds in the Mist

reworking a piece that has been laying around for a while is not my favorite thing, but sometimes the results are well worth the hassle

this piece for example

I had originally made this piece as a necklace back in 2007, but it just sat in the display --- somehow no one else could see this as wearable art

so I pulled it all apart and it sat in my rework bin

and sat

and SAT

until recently, when I decided I was going to start putting my framed pieces into my Etsy store --- no one can even consider purchasing something they don't see!

over the past week I redid the frame, and got the bead work mounted in it

it's available in my Etsy store if you want to take a look



meantime, I thought I was done with the quilting on my Hoffman challenge --- but it turns out that not even highly aggressive pressing was going to fix the cupping issue -- in some areas I had simply pulled the thread too tight --- so last night I spent some time "un-quilting" --  {sigh!}  at least I'm not right up to the deadline on this

time to do laundry

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Ohhhh, pretty!