Friday, November 02, 2012

finished and begun

and here is the finished bear 

back when my daughter was little, I made dozens of this style bear

when my friend ask if I could make one of these for her new great grand daughter, my biggest concern was could I find the pattern --- after all, I can build one of them practically in my sleep 

 I used to make these out of robe velour, but apparently that is a fabric that is no longer available (at least it wasn't available in my local stores), so this one is made out of fleece 

 pretty cute --- totally baby safe, washable --- just a good kid toy all around 

I don't make bears much any more, but I'm guessing I need to hang on to this pattern

 the beading continues

the openings in the backing are where I'll add the slices of shell in much the same way I added the big oval ruby glass in the chocolate cherry piece

this is a new technique for me and it's been fun finding ways to use it

the DH says the outline looks like one of those animal skulls on the desert -- I'm working on transforming it


yesterday I entered the mug piece in the contest I made it for --- I ended up titling it "Full 'o Beans" --- now I just have to remember to check their blog on Dec 12 to see if I make it into the finals

I've been doing some research the last couple of days, and I'm sure there is an answer out there, I just haven't been able to find it yet. 

At the recent doctor's appointment, the doctor changed some of the DH's medications.  Because his insurance mandates a mail in pharmacy, we had already ordered and received the next 3 months of one of these medications.

My first call was to the mail pharmacy to see if I could just return them -- they are all still sealed.  Nope, they won't take them back.

Next I called the doctor's office to see if they could take them and pass them on to someone in their practice.  Nope, I was told if I brought them in they would just flush them down the toilet (WHAT!?  I know that is a BAD idea!!!)

So now I'm searching for someone that can use this medication, still in the packaging sealed by the manufacturer.  It just seems wrong to just throw it away. 

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

What?! Around here, there are places you can take old meds to have them safely disposed of--and they specifically ask that they not go down the toilets and into the water system. Huh.

I had a $2000 a dose med I no longer was on and a cousin was on the same one and no longer had insurance covering it. Mutually solvable problems.

Jessie said...

You are the most prolific and renaissanced person I know of! The teddy bear is absolutely adorable and reminds me of one I had as a kid that still sits in my Mother's guest room.