Tuesday, November 20, 2012

now that the problem is fixed

I'll tell you about what it was

on Sunday evening I was clicking right along putting the edging on this piece

when I realized that the beaded bezel I had done around the ammolite had slipped off

 pretty clearly what I had done was not deep enough or tight enough

I wasn't sure how I was going to fix it since so much else was already glued together 

 so I put it aside to think about it 

yesterday afternoon I had another go at it

first I carefully clipped the thread at the top of the old bezel and removed all the beads

then I created a new bezel with a different technique

in fact, I have never used this "X" bar bezel before

I really like the way it looks and it's good and tight so the ammolite can't pop out again

so now it's one with the rest of the edging!

I'm slowly adding swirls to the latest small quilting piece, and it's looking good

just a couple more hours of quilting needed on the Alaska piece too --- yes the projects are really moving along 

 the afghan squares just keep getting turned out

but I admit, I'm searching for a new knitting project

I'm sure one will present itself in good time

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Phew! And I love how it looks now.