Thursday, January 04, 2007

The good thing about time spent in the car

is that I get knitting and quilt pieces done!




We went to Denver yesterday for our monthly Costco run (two weeks late!) and I finished this afghan square.

I've now done two squares with this texture pattern, so the next one will be something different.




And I got three more arcs of the quilt finished too!





I must say that the freezer paper approach has worked much better than the original "draw around each piece" method.

While I was cooking dinner last night I got four more arcs ready to sew by ironing the pattern templates to the back of a new batch of fabrics. It will be interesting to see just how many times I can reuse those before they don't stick well enough to get through the construction of an arc.

Last night I started in on the new beaded piece, and its looking good.

Today we've got to get an oil change and make a couple of other shopping stops on the way back. I want to be sure we have enough "fluff" to fill all the new animals we're working on, and since we're supposed to get about 8 inches more snow Friday/Saturday, we may need to be able to keep busy for a couple of days before we can venture out again. The street in front of our house is turning into a large sheet of ice because the storm drain is still plugged up with ice, and there's no where for the melt off to go.

No comments: