Monday, January 08, 2007

Taking stock of projects.....

Here it is, Monday morning, and its time to take stock of what stage each project is in.



This picture is the fish my DH is working on for the polar bear. He drew this on a piece of paper so I could "scale" it down on the computer. He will be putting it on to fabric so I can stitch and stuff it.

Progress on the critters:

small dog -- closed, ready for face
mouse -- DH is stitching
small wolf -- pinned and ready for machine stitching
flamingo -- stitched, ready for turning and legs
open mouth bear -- sewing complete, ready for turning
black sheep -- sewing complete, ready for turning
white sheep -- sewed and turned, ready for joints
open mouth polar bear -- closed, ready for face
horse (new design) -- pinned and ready for machine stitching
toucan -- laid out






The second grannie square is complete. My own variation on the theme.

Now its back to the knitting of squares. I have a new one on the needles.


I worked some more on the beaded piece. It is now almost half done.





Have 3 more arcs finished for the quilt.







Yesterday I made a trip to the fabric store and picked up some yellow fabrics to use for the ends of the arcs. Those will be easier to cut, just stack up a few layers and whack with the rotary cutter.

Today's projects include laundry and shipping off an animal I sold off my website -- the first one to actually be purchased on the spot there!

(It has generated special orders, but this was nice because I already have the animal in hand and can just ship it out the door.)

Time to get to it!

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Wow! So your husband is talented too! =D

Bev said...

Thanks Kelly! Yup, almost all of our art work is the result of collaboration....he does some truly awesome silver jewelry, and a lot of the animal design too.