Saturday, January 13, 2007

I'm back.....

been very busy the last few days with doctor visits, taking down Christmas and working for my accounting client, so I just haven't gotten here!





We're in the deep freeze here. These pictures are of the trees in our yard, and that's NOT snow on them, its ice -- the result of heavy fog in 10 degree (or less!) temperatures. Pretty nasty stuff.





This is another in the series of little pins I've been working on. The piece of goldstone in the center I have had for about 40 years, and just now figured out what to do with it.

Odd factoid for the day: Goldstone is not really a stone at all, its glass!

Anyway, as I worked on this one, I took pictures of each step. I'm hoping to write up a complete instruction for it and submit it to a magazine.



And I have now finished the field of this piece -- and yes, this is definately right side up.

Next step is to figure out what kind of fringy edge to put on it.









Two more arcs for the quilt complete, that makes 17 of 96. We're chugging right along.


After our excursion yesterday into the cold, I have decided that its time to knit something for myself -- so I have a pair of mittens on the needles. I have some lovely fleece gloves, but in this weather, they just aren't enough, so I'm making an oversize pair of mittens that I can wear OVER the gloves.....got almost all of the ribbing on the first one done last night.

Time to get to work!

No comments: