Wednesday, January 10, 2007

W.I.P.



Here is the progress so far on the latest piece of jewelry. I've pretty much decided that this is actually right side up, even though in the original plan this would have been upside down, but I like it better this way.

So you can see, I'm on the down hill side of this project!

And, I can report that the white sheep is once again all stitched and ready for turning. She has morphed into a suffolk (you know, those white sheep with black faces?), and I do like the contrast. Maybe it was meant for this one to have an identity crisis...after all, I used an alpaca/silk blend pile to make this one, and certainly the fiber conflicts are confusing her.

I spent a lot of time again yesterday working on taxes. Went to the local Borders and picked up a reference book put together by Ersnt and Young, an item which has stood me in good stead for years in getting this project done. The last couple of years I haven't induldged myself with this "security blanket" but this year I'll be doing a few more returns than I had the past few, so I thought a refresher course was a good plan. So now we're at the "plug the total numbers into the spread sheet from the detail spread sheet" stage. Tedious.

Today I will "reward" myself for being so diligent by allowing some time to work on a new design drawing I'm working on.







And another arc of the quilt is done too.

Yesterday morning we began the "un decorating". We always leave Christmas up until after January 6 for the Feast of the Kings, but now its time to put it all away. We hauled all the boxes out of the corner of the garage, and while we were at it, we pulled out a rug that we want to use after we replace the family room flooring (more about that later), and a box of punch bowls which we'll probably need for a wedding reception in August.

I put away the wreath from the front door so even if it takes us another week (and it probably will) we don't look too nuttsy from the street.

Today's excursions include a trip to the pharmacy and probably the gas station. I feel like a bear getting ready to hibernate, stocking up to hide out for the week end since the highs on those days are forecast to be in the SINGLE digits (that's less than 10 degrees, guys -- WAY too cold!!)

....we're off!

No comments: