Monday, January 22, 2007

something finished ... and almost finished ...



Meet Stella II

Now here is a sheep with a lot of attitude. I think her cantankerous mood is due to a small identity crisis .... I made her out of a silk and alpaca blend fabric ...

Who knows, she may just spit....

I haven't decided yet if I really like the sort of mauve colored nose ... I may yet pull that out and replace it with something more sedate -- like a steel gray. I'm letting her sit and glare at me while I think about that.

She also might need a sweater vest....after all its cold and she has a fresh "hair cut".




And I finally finished all the fringe on this piece.

Now its on to figuring out what to use to create the necklace part. That may take a day or so.






I finished 4 more arcs the last couple of days.

My routine is totally hosed this morning.

When we got up the house was cold -- like 52 degrees, so I had to call for someone to come and repair the furnace. Fortunately, he came right away, and because I had given him such an accurate description of what was happening, he had the part in hand when he came in the door. The repair took about 20 minutes (the ignitor on the electronic started had "blown up" -- it just looks like a looped piece of flint, and it is a fragile part, so it doesn't take much to damage it) and cost just under $200...OUCH! But as I sit and write this, I'm hearing the happy sound of the furnace running -- which it will do for a while just to get the house back up to our tropical temperature of 62.....meantime the dog is roasting herself in front of the fireplace....and she really like the repair man (who has 3 labs of his own).

Time to try to get something done.

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

If you're going to make her a vest, you better make it out of wool, or she will be spitting! LOL

As for the necklace with the fringe, WOW, it's gorgeous! No wonder it took so long to finish!

I'm familiar with the waking up to no furnace routine. That happened to us a few years ago, and I think it was the same thing wrong with it, too. It was one of only something like three times that I've built a fire in the fireplace. Good thing we had some wood back then; I'd have to resort to breaking up furniture these days!