Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rework.....

When we did our inventory at the end of the year for taxes, there were a few pieces of jewelry that we pulled out for reworking.



This is the first of those items to be redone.

Originally this was strung on chain with just a few of the black and crystal beads, and it just didn't display well.

Yesterday I took it all apart and created this more substantial necklace that I think looks a lot better.



And this is the second piece.

This one had just been on a silver chain, which looked ok, but I felt this could be a more "unisex" piece if it had a little bolder looking necklace.

The colored beads in this are a sort of rainbow finish glass that were given to me by another crafter at a show during the fall season. When she gave them to me I had no idea what I would do with them, but when I put them with the black cube beads it just fit this piece.

The next projects are to take apart 3 heart shaped pieces that had also been necklaces on chains, and make them into pins. Pictures to follow!

I'm working on ideas for an accessory (scarf, vest) for the sheep. I tried out a purple "fluffy" yarn for a possible scarf last night, and after about an inch of knitting vetoed it as "too fussy". Now that the DH has chipped away the ice in front of our storage shed so I can get in to it, I'll be looking for some other yarn to make the item out of.

Work on the quilt continues. I finished another arc last night.




Time to get something done.

No comments: