Wednesday, January 03, 2007

pin complete, the final swiffer research and more!



Well, I sat up until 10:30 last night working on this, and its now done!

This one measures 2 3/4 inches point to point on the "long" points and 2 1/2 inches point to point on the "short" points. That's not as much difference in length and I originally thought there would be, but it looks great I think.

It also tells me what changes I need to make on the next piece that I use this basic design idea for.

The next bead piece, however, will be one of the new designs for a smaller version of my collar necklaces.

Meantime, I'm also working on the designs for beading another egg -- a big one this time with an Easter Lilly on the front -- and of course I have to order beads for this one, and I want to have it done by March 31 for a show I'm doing that day (nothing like creating my own stress!)



The research is complete. These are the two swiffer covers after they have both been used and laundered.

And the findings of my research are:

1. Each pattern works equally well to pick up dirt, dog hair, pieces of Christmas ribbon, tracked in ice melt pellets, etc, etc

2. The lengthwise pattern (the one on the left) after use and laundering changed shape enough that I will have to adjust the ends to be able to use it again.

3. The widthwise pattern (the one on the right) changed very little in the process and is ready to go right back into service

So, my semi-scientific conclusion is that all future ones will be knit in the widthwise pattern. I may at some juncture try out using something other than cotton yarn, but not right away. I liked being able to throw these in the wash with the towels.

One other note on these. If you are a penny pincher like me and your "swiffer" is not a real swiffer (ie: some other brand), you will have to measure the pad of yours and adjust the size you knit accordingly.



The snow is slowly beginning to melt. We can actually see the top of the fence again!

When we were out yesterday, the streets were still very messy, a lot of snow piled up along the sides which in some places is blocking off storm drains and making for a hugh lake effect across the road. That of course causes splash back and since it was COLD last night, I'm sure there will be icy spots again. In fact, there will probably be ice on the roads for a while, as we're to get more snow on Friday...{sigh}

Today we're going to try to get to our closest Costco -- something we've needed to do since the week before Christmas

No comments: