Friday, January 26, 2007

working hard at ??????

Yesterday was one of those days where I was busy all day, and I haven't got a thing to show for it.

Part of that is because we spent a long time working on taking down the remaining Christmas tree that is up, and when you carefully put each ornament into the box it came in (and a good number of them older than my daughter), this process takes a while.

I did get the last heart all picked apart in preparation for redoing it. I hate picking things out....maybe its the frogs that abound (can't you hear them saying "Rip it! Rip it!") or just that I don't like going back to a project once I have classified it as "DONE". If I wasn't so stingy with the raw materials, I would just chuck the whole thing, but NOOOOOOOO, I pull out and return every little bead to the "raw materials inventory" then start over. {sigh} Sometimes all that accounting training comes back to bite you in the butt.

The other piece that needs picking will not be "revived" -- it has to be totally scrapped because the technique I used to attach some of the embellishment didn't work out, and it can't be repaired. I'm trying to think of this as a creative opportunity....I get to design a whole new piece for the bigger pieces of material....but I'm still bummed about it.

After knitting a sample to determine the guage with the homespun on the needles I had at hand and doing a lot of measuring, I began Stella's vest last night. I've worked it up as far as where I have bound off for the arm holes, now I'm trying to figure out exactly how I will create the right shape for the back of the vest. No doubt there will be some "picking" before I get it finished, but I am pleased with how it is going.

About a week ago I had submitted a "blurb" and a couple of pictures to an on line magazine in an attempt to have our work considered as a feature in a future issue. I did it as a lark, thinking it was going to be just another writing exercise. Silly me! Yesterday I opened my email, and there was the full fledged interview form for us to fill out, attach pictures to and return to them by Monday. They are going to feature us in the February issue! YIPPEE!! So, I did spend a lot of time yesterday afternoon writing answers to the questions. This morning I will let DH take a look at the printed out version so he can make his own notes and comments before we send it off. All of this of course means that I should make some effort to put some new stuff on our webpage before we leave for Iowa. AAARRRGGGHHH....just what I needed! Ok, being featured is good tho', I'm really excited because it is a first.

Work progresses on the bracelet. I probably will finish the field beading today (baring any unforeseen projects that jump ahead of it). I'm at the "want to have it done" stage, which is a good sign that it will be finished before we go.

We are forecast to have yet ANOTHER weekend of snow .... I'm SO ready for it to go away .... and very cold temperatures again. Today is supposed to be the warmest day for at least a week, so we will be venturing into the storage shed today to pull out everything that we will need to take with us (hopefully we will avoid freezing our fingers and toes by doing it today.)




Oh yes, there are now 39 arcs done. I'm going to have to spend some time before we leave getting a whole batch ready to work on for while were gone.

time to go get busy, maybe tomorrow there will be something to take a picture of!

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Wow, Bev, awesome about the feature in the mag!! Congrats!!

Bev said...

Thanks Kelly! Its pretty strange to write your own article....